Welcome to Great American Bicycles we specialize in Retro mountain bikes from the late 1980’s – 1990’s.
We buy what we sell, we’re always on the lookout for classic Klein, Cannondale, Merlin, Ritchey , Gary Fisher, Gt, Trek, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Manitou , Moots, Amp Research, and many more classic’s.
CONTACT US (310) 359-8647 • email@example.com
The bikes we offer are carefully hand selected for their styling, technology, color scheme and most importantly their original condition. When we “renew” a bike, we go over all the components, changing and servicing whatever is necessary while striving to stay with period correct parts. if a Klein bicycle needs paint restoration, we are proud to use the services of Klein master painter Dave Wilkins of Chehalis Wa. Dave uses original pigments from the Klein factory supplier freshly mixed into the original grade modern paint. Then he adds New BB Bearings, and New Proper plastic cable tubes. The results are a mountain bike museum grade restoration.
We value your interest and your business, and we strive to bring you the very best, the coolest, vintage mountain bicycles. Wishing you many great rides.
Sal, Owner GREAT AMERICAN BICYCLES
Thousand Oaks, California
Top of the Rim
Mountain bikers ride on off-road trails such as singletrack, back-country roads, wider bike park trails, fire roads, and some advanced trails are designed with jumps, berms, and drop-off to add excitement to the trail.
Riders with enduro and downhill bikes will often visit ski resorts that stay open in the summer to ride downhill specific trails, using the ski lifts to return to the top with their bikes.
Because riders are often far from civilization, there is a strong ethic of self-reliance in the sport. Riders learn to repair broken bikes and flat tires to avoid being stranded. Many riders carry a backpack, including water, food, tools for trailside repairs, and a first aid kit in case of injury.
BENEFITS OF BICYCLES
- Improved Heart Health.
- Less Stress on the Joints.
- Decreased Risk of Diseases.
- 4) Reduced Stress and Improved Mood.
- Increased Brain Power.
- Improved balance and coordination.
FUN PLACES TO RIDE
Orange County Parks
• Whiting Ranch for moderate fire road climbs and some single track.
• Aliso & Woods for beginner segments, fire road climbs and some tech challenge single track.
• Laguna Coast Wilderness for lots of intermediate and advanced single track downhills.
• Santiago Oaks for great short distance, high “burn” workout landscapes.
California State Parks
• Crystal Cove for our weekly club multi tier ride from Coastal Peak Park.
• O’Neil for some fantastic climbs and great trails threading thru the river beds.
• San Onofre for the never ending fun of the San Clemente Single Track segments.
Cleveland National Forest
• Harding Truck Trail for pure climbing elevation, and views over Orange County.
• San Juan Creek for never ending single track and switchbacks up and out of the valley.
Scan QR Code to make a payment
When instructed to complete your transaction scan the QR code with your smart device. Follow the payment instructions.
Thank you, Sal